In 1951 Frank F. DeBor and his wife, Mary Joe DeBor, both licensed funeral directors, decided that it was time to leave their respective positions working for other Pittsburgh area funeral directors, strike out on their own, and establish their own funeral home.
Frank and Mary Joe broke ground in 1950 and opened for business July 1951 in a facility that was one quarter its present size, offered no off street parking, and also served as home for a growing family that would soon include four children. Over the next ten years the funeral home was remodeled and expanded to its present size providing elegant accommodations for numerous families and extensive off street parking.
In 1981 Frank D. DeBor, the current owner, and son of the founders, joined his parents as a 2nd generation funeral director and gradually assumed responsibility for day-to-day operations. Today Frank D. DeBor is the sole owner of the funeral home.
At DeBor Funeral Home we feel that one-on-one personal service from the individual who owns the funeral home is what matters most at your most difficult time. This is our commitment to quality service: individualized care for individual needs.
Frank David DeBor is a second generation funeral director and has been the sole owner of DeBor Funeral Home since his parents started the business. In addition to being a licensed funeral director, he is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and concentrates on wills and estates.
He holds a Bachelor of Arts from Washington and Jefferson College and a law degree from Duquesne University. Frank lives in the South Hills of Pittsburgh with his wife Susie and has three children David, Lucy, and Allie.